With each of my daughters I started a journal. I'd write in it while I was pregnant. It holds everything from funny dreams & cravings I had to prayers that I would pray over my belly at night.
As the girls grow, my entries have become more spread out, but last night I was taking some time to write, "...these are some Important things to NEVER Forget."
To my girls:
To put into words ALL the things a mother feels about her children is IMPOSSIBLE. You little women have shown me God's character, God's strength, God's compassion, God's mercy... His humor. His faithfulness, above all... that is what I cling to. The fear that surrounds me is CRIPPLING, but the faith that I have in God and his plan for YOU is my FUEL! You each are completely different, yet the MASSIVE amount of love I have for each of you is EQUALLY infinite. Take these next 10 things as guidance, but NEVER stop learning on your own.
10 THINGS I WANT YOU TO NEVER FORGET:
- You can do ANYTHING, BUT don’t do EVERYTHING!
- Speaking truth is the right thing, but speaking truth in LOVE is the best thing.
- Not everyone is your friend, but they are all God’s children; don’t treat them as any less.
- When someone is judgmental of someone or something, it reveals an open wound or insecurity of her own.
- Your time is one of the BIGGEST gifts you can give someone.
- Your Daddy was loved you deeper & longer than any man every will.
- Your point of view is VALUABLE to the world.
- The first thing you EVER taught someone was how to be strong, brave & BEAUTIFUL -- and that was me.
- Nothing will make me love you more & nothing will make me love you less.
- Spend your life loving others; not looking for love.
God called me to raise girls; I see that as a HUGE privilege, but I also believed He chose me because it would require complete reliance on Him to do so. He hand picked me to be the keeper of Ruthie, Tessa & Joanna. Humbling. Thank you, Jesus.